SC - Translation challenge #2

BareToad at aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 09:45:15 PST 2001

- --part1_b3.6cea392.27b2e3ab_boundary

Okay guys.  I am going to make a stab at my first translation on the list.
Keep in mind a couple of things:  I did this really fast and didn't do a
whole lot of double checking.  Any commentary is well appreciated.  Secondly,
my family is from Portugal and I am first generation American.  I have had
something VERY familiar to this for saturday morning breakfast MANY times.
It was how my mother used up all of the leftover meats...chicken, beef, fish,
you name it.  She ommitted the cinnamon and the orange juice, though:-)
Okay...here goes:

To make an omelette of eggs and bacon

Beat ten fresh eggs and have six ounces of streaky bacon cut [into pieces?].
Three ounces of onion will have been cooked in the ashes of the hot coals,
and chopped fine, and fried in melted lard with the [it says cut, but I think
it means chopped] bacon.  Mix with the eggs three ounces of buttery cheese,
have an ounce between pepper and cinnamon, and finely chopped herbs.  Put all
of this in the frying pan where the bacon and the onion is, and serve hot
with orange juice over the top.

In Service,
Lady Mairin ben Dhiarmait
Shire of Wintermist, CAID

- --part1_b3.6cea392.27b2e3ab_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Verdana" LANG="0">Okay guys.  I am going to make a stab at my first translation on the list.
<BR>Keep in mind a couple of things:  I did this really fast and didn't do a
<BR>whole lot of double checking.  Any commentary is well appreciated.  Secondly,
<BR>my family is from Portugal and I am first generation American.  I have had
<BR>something VERY familiar to this for saturday morning breakfast MANY times.
<BR>It was how my mother used up all of the leftover meats...chicken, beef, fish,
<BR>you name it.  She ommitted the cinnamon and the orange juice, though:-)
<BR>Okay...here goes:
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=CENTER>To make an omelette of eggs and bacon
<BR><P ALIGN=LEFT>
<BR>Beat ten fresh eggs and have six ounces of streaky bacon cut [into pieces?].
<BR>Three ounces of onion will have been cooked in the ashes of the hot coals,
<BR>and chopped fine, and fried in melted lard with the [it says cut, but I think
<BR>it means chopped] bacon.  Mix with the eggs three ounces of buttery cheese,
<BR>have an ounce between pepper and cinnamon, and finely chopped herbs.  Put all
<BR>of this in the frying pan where the bacon and the onion is, and serve hot
<BR>with orange juice over the top.
<BR>
<BR>In Service,
<BR>Lady Mairin ben Dhiarmait
<BR>Shire of Wintermist, CAID</P></P></FONT></HTML>

- --part1_b3.6cea392.27b2e3ab_boundary--