SC - Asparagus smell

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 12:39:20 PST 2001

>Interesting... I never knew that garlic would also produce a urine odor.  I've
>smelled it on my skin a day after eating a kiiller garlic meal, but never in
>urine.  I seem to recall hearing that broccoli did the same.  Now, I know the
>asparagus odor very well (I eat asparagus like it's going out of style.)  But,
>I also eat loads of broccoli and garlic.  I wonder if the genes that either
>create the odor or permit you to smell it are different for
>different substances?
>  That seems unneccisarily specialized, but ya never know!
>
>-Magdalena vander Brugghe

Heck, i notice that my, uh, scent, yeah, that's the ticket, scent
changes with just about everything i eat. Coffee, Indian food,
different vegetables, etc.

Being a Midwesterner, i grew up in a family that used very little
garlic. When i lived in Southern France, everyone cooked with lots of
garlic, so, frankly, no one seemed to notice the smell because,
frankly, just about everyone smelled of garlic. It was normal.

One of the smells i find most offensive is Right Guard Deodorant - it
makes me gasp. I'd rather smell fresh body odor.

Anahita