SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Feb 8 16:26:36 PST 2001

Adamantius wrote:

>I agree; the national distribution of the dishes named in the blurb
>suggests it may well be generic modern Central Asian, with the Khan's
>name thrown in to add a stamp of legitimacy. Not unlike a modern
>Egyptian cookbook being called something like, "Dishes From the Land of
>the Pharaohs." Technically accurate, but perhaps just a bit misleading.

And you know, when Hippocrene publishes my book (which I'm working very hard
on trying to finish just now), I bet they will advertise it as "Authentic
Recipes from the Land of the Vikings" or whatever (true, of course), and
some poor SCAdians will buy it and think they are getting recipes taken
straight from the kitchen manuals of Hallgerður Longknickers and Auður the
Deep-Minded. Oh well.

Nanna