SC - oven temperatures

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:07:04 PST 2001

>, more startling to me, was just how looong it
>takes for even a gas oven to reach the set temperature. I was expecting
>about five minutes or so. Not so. To reach 350 or 400 degrees F it
>was taking more like 15 or 20 minutes.

The new apt. has a new stove with a digital readout.  As the oven warms, it
tells you what temp it is up to, and beeps when it reaches the temp you set.
   I was as surprised as Stefan at how long it took to get up to temp.  As
you might guess, I always had a problem with things needing more time, now I
know why.

Bonne