SC - Theme Menus What would you like your hall to look like?

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Fri Feb 9 23:12:48 PST 2001

Ratboy asked:
> Having been on the comittee for what turned out to be my third event,
> and haing recieved fairly good reviews, and a Silver Nautilus.  I was
> curious what kinds of decor had been used for Themed Feasts around the
> country and beyond.  I understand trying to be period correct, I even
> appreciate it.  But this  is a subject that I did not see
> alot of info
> on.

When Anne-Marie and I worked on our late period/OOP English Renn Feast
several years back we tried to go the whole 9 yards. we researched not only
what foods were eaten, (and in what order) but how they were served, and how
the hall was decorated.  We then tried to incorporate as much of this into
the event planning as possible.

The hall we were using had big ugly pillars down either side of the feasting
area and I (with much help) created long paper flats painted to look like
English renn carved pillars (shadowed and everything), with a matching
border for the roofline all the way around the hall.  There were fabric
hangings in the spaces between the pillars as well.  The high table was up
on a stage, with velvet curtains which if I recall correctly, we carefully
pulled back to create the impression of a canopy over the high table.  the
high table was also decorated with garlands and an appropriately excessive
number of table cloths.  And there was a multi level cup-board to the side
of the high table stacked with flashy plates & cups etc.  I wanted to rent a
fountain for our banquet course, but couldn't find one that looked right :-<

All in all though, it was pretty cool.

Eden - who really should have gotten pictures from that one...
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com