SC - Partially carven fowl

margali margali at 99main.com
Sat Feb 10 08:02:01 PST 2001

I have always found it easier to part out a bird in the kitchen, with my
utility poultry shears and a good knife. Split the back, lop the legs at
the torso/thigh joint, lop the legs from the thighs and cut the ribcage
to give the wing sections some torso. People find it easier to eat and
if  you are practiced it can go really fast. I can remember being able
to joint out a chicken in less than 5 minutes a bird and still do a neat
job of it. The pieces can be decoratively places on a bed of pilaf,
noodles or whatever. Although for High Table, there is nothing quite as
spiffy as a pair of fowl en accolade on a piece of structurally molded
bread [put the dough pullman-pan style in a pate form.]
margali

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com