SC - Re: Where's the beef OT-preserved foods

Ted Eisenstein Alban at delphi.com
Thu Feb 15 11:22:58 PST 2001

> I contend that most of our feasts served in
>the Modern Middle Ages aren't really accurate renditions of what real feasts
>or meals would have been like (except for the High Summer ones), because we
>uniformly fail to include food that has been preserved in an appropriate
>manner. These foods would have been very common during the fall, winter, and
>spring.
Fall? Heavens, that's when harvest is! You'd get  lot more fresh foods in
the Fall. Vegetables, fruits, wheats and grains all come due in September
and October (think: Harvest Festival, and you get the idea); plus that'd
be the best time to start slaughtering the livestock, so you wouldn't have to
feed them all over the winter. . .

Alban