SC - Day Boards

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Fri Feb 16 15:21:02 PST 2001

Lady Gwendolen shared:
>proposed menu:  of Beef Barley Stew, bread, cheese and honey butter.  My
first thought  was... how boring!  I suggested he add some condiments and
fruit, but he
> didn't like that idea because he thought it was too OOP.
1) Suggestions for a more interesting, yet easy to do dayboard?
2) How to tactfully tell the FOC his menu is too bland/common? <

    Tarts!!  good finger food  -- even the pie shaped onces cut into wedges:
Mushroom & cheese,  onion, ryce, spynch, fruits,  meat pies,  (calamine
sauce for the meat pies).  So much simpler to hoist around without bowls &
utensils.

    Cold roasted meats with sauce!  Mustard is good;  peppery sauces are
delightful with roast beast. a sweet honey wine with chicken,  Homemade
sausage boiled hot with cabbage apples & mustard!

    Ask him is he wants to be remembered for being  a Head Cook who is
innovative & serves delicious period food; or just as run-of-the-mill
dayboard by "ol' what's-his-name."    ;*>

Caointiarn