SC - A Soup for the Qan

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Feb 20 11:09:24 PST 2001

- --------------A1A097E842D881335BB531A1

The name of the book is "A Soup for the Qan".  It is, for the most part,
a translation of a 14th century Mongol treatise on food and medicine.
There is additional material which describes the culture and influences
from other cultures, including the Middle East, and some of these
recipes are included as well.  None of the recipes are redacted.  The
authors/translators are Paul Buell and Eugene Anderson.  My copy of the
book is upstairs, but you should be able to find it with this
information.  I believe that the current price is over
$200...Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!  I did manage to get it before the publisher
jacked the price up, but still had to pay $125!

Hope this helps.  If you still need more information, let me know and
I'll send it.

Kiri

RButler96 at aol.com wrote:

>     I've heard this resource mentioned frequently, but I can't ever
> find a
> synopsis of what it actually refers to, or the information needed to
> get it
> from a library.
>
>     Could someone please let me know what time period/culture/region
> this
> covers and perhaps the author's name, or ISBN number so I can get
> ahold of a
> copy?
>
>     Khadijah

- --------------A1A097E842D881335BB531A1

The name of the book is "A Soup for the Qan".  It is, for the most
part, a translation of a 14th century Mongol treatise on food and medicine.
There is additional material which describes the culture and influences
from other cultures, including the Middle East, and some of these recipes
are included as well.  None of the recipes are redacted.  The
authors/translators are Paul Buell and Eugene Anderson.  My copy of
the book is upstairs, but you should be able to find it with this information.
I believe that the current price is over $200...Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!
I did manage to get it before the publisher jacked the price up, but still
had to pay $125!
and I'll send it.
heard this resource mentioned frequently, but I can't ever find a</font></font>
refers to, or the information needed to get it</font></font>
someone please let me know what time period/culture/region this</font></font>
name, or ISBN number so I can get ahold of a</font></font>

- --------------A1A097E842D881335BB531A1--