SC - Soup figuring?

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Feb 21 14:33:11 PST 2001

> Can someone help us a bit? We are trying to figure out budgets for a large
dayboard. > We figured on 12 gallons of Hen in Broth and 6 gallons of
Lentil. We planned on 100 lbs of chicken for the Hen in Broth. How much
Broth will we need? (We were so busy savoring the result when we tested it
that we forgot to measure the output!)
> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa,

    WOW!!  100 lbs of chicken??!!  That's for over 300 persons, right??

    When I figure out soup,  depending on the rest of the spread,  I usually
calculate about 1 cup per serving.   I make fairly substantial soppes,  and
I get away with less meat because it  *is* soup, and there are other nummies
in it  (veggies & grain)  to keep the bowl looking very full.

Caointiarn