SC - Soup figuring?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Feb 22 05:43:07 PST 2001

>     WOW!!  100 lbs of chicken??!!  That's for over 300 persons, right??

Yes. this is for our Crown Tourney. The break-even for the event is 400;
we expect a good many more.

>     When I figure out soup,  depending on the rest of the spread,  I usually
> calculate about 1 cup per serving.   I make fairly substantial soppes,  and
> I get away with less meat because it  *is* soup, and there are other nummies
> in it  (veggies & grain)  to keep the bowl looking very full.

Me too. Hen in Broth is a special case, as the recipe calls for chicken,
parsley, onions, and bread as the only solid ingredients. This is what is
exercising my ingenuity! ;)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."