SC - More on 'Nef' (including a citation)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Feb 22 12:30:34 PST 2001

Thorvald,

Your post got me wondering-where on earth did Wilson get this 'info'? I
wonder because:
A) I've never seen it elsewhere,

B) if guests brought their own stuff in a 'nef', why do no descriptions
of doing it show up in manners books, why do you not see anyone carrying
them in feast scenes, why do we not see a LOT of them on the tables,
behind the tables, under the tables, etc, and

C) where did the dishes go? A great many feast pictures show very few
dishes of the personal sort- did everyone forget their nef?

It just doesn't make sense to me...

terminally confused,

'Lainie