SC - Coeliac Pasta and Pasta Question.

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Feb 22 15:37:07 PST 2001

I bought a Pasta machine 3 weeks ago and have been playing lots with my new
toy!  My wife (Meliora) is now totally sick of pasta (and the mess I make when
making it...)

Can some share their experiences in:

1) Making Coeliac friendly pasta (my mother-in-law and a work colleage are both
   coliacs)

2) Stopping fresh pasta sticking together before cooking.

3) Drying pasta for later.

3) The types of pasta you can make with no attachments (so far I have made:
Pappadelle, Scratcci, Fettuccini, Vermicelli, Ravioli (with a cookie cutter).
Any more I can make?

4) I've made dough for macrows using the pasta maker, could I make pastry.  I
was thinking of brushing lard / butter on and folding over the sheet and
running it back through the rollers.  Cutting the sheet lengthways into 2-3
bits and making lattice work tops for pies/tortes.  Would that work or am I
insane?

Cheers,

Drakey.