SC - Great Celebration in Atlantia

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Feb 23 09:19:19 PST 2001

> >> Queens Luncheon? Queens brunch?
> >> I dunno these  terms seem like they have been around forever... I think
> >> I remember someone calling this the Queens Brunch at an event.
> "Tea" as in an afternoon social activity may be very much out of date; can
> we also work on getting rid of the "Queen's <whatever>" as well? How often
> in period would there have been a Queen's <whatever>?

Why? Why is it necessary to forbid the Queen, when organizing a gathering,
to refer to herself in a possessive? Or are you proposing that the Cook's
Guild suggest to the non-fighting half of our Regional head teams (that
is, kingdom royalty) that they not hold gatherings at all?

And by the way, period queens held gatherings, meetings, meals, etc. all
the time. In many places, the royalty generally travelled, met with people
and often even ATE separately.

The constructive criticism approach to something one percieves as not
period is to research and present a period alternative, not simply to
'work on getting rid of it'. Those who practice the opposite of
constructive criticism where authenticity is concerned in the SCA are
referred to by an epithet and a battle cry: "That's not period!"

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."