SC - In a pasta making mood

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Feb 23 09:41:28 PST 2001

Michael Gunter wrote:

> >The filling is 3 different cheeses.  I had a hard time
> >getting the dish away from my kitchen staff and out
> >to the hall.

Kiri, is this it?

"Forme of Cury, #94:

Rauioles. Take [s]wete chese and grynde hit smal, & medle hit wyt eyren
and saffron and a god quantite of buttur. Make a (th)in foile of dowe &
close hem (th)erin as turteletes, & cast hem in boylyng watur, & sethe
hem (th)erin. Take hote buttur meltede & chese ygratede, & ley (th)i
ravioles in dissches; & ley (th) hote buttur wyt gratede chese bine(th)e
& aboue, & cast (th)ereon powdur douce."

I think the last time I made ravioli, it was filled with odds and ends
from the kitchen: I think it consisted of ground beef, cooked and
pressed frozen spinach, some crumbled, cooked sweet Italian sausage,
Parmagianno cheese, and an egg to bind it... I believe we used wonton
wrappers also, and just made little turnovers like agnolotti.

Adamantius, thinking spinach & ricotta gnocchi
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com