SC - More on "Vatel"... Oscar nominee.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 14:35:40 PST 2001

- --- Bonne of Traquair <oftraquair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >I loved the film! The main problem was that the way
> they marketed it was
> >a sort of 'blair witch'ish horror film, but it was
> more like a very
> >black comedy like Hitchcocks 'The Rope"  as there
> is not that much blood
> >and guts, but lots of suspense. Not to mention
> Somme really funny
> >situational/line occasions. I liked it when 2 tech
> were talking about
> >how they got the cat to stay so quiet [laudanum]
> and they thought it
> >would bee a great way to keep the rather prima
> donna lead actress quiet
> >too ...
> >margali
> >ob food - I just got another bottle of Bulls Blood
> wine ;-)
> >
> >--
> >
> >MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
> >HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >The Quote Starts Here:
>
> Margali, when you don't actually quote a bit of the
> sometimes left confused.  There wasn't a cat in
> Vatel, that I noticed
> anyway.  There were birds, and a whale. . .
>
> Bonne

And royal lap dogs, there were several of those.
Especially since Anne preferred to de-flea the Queen's
dog rather than grace the Marquis' bed.

As to cats, none.  However, there were several catty
remarks made.  And since there rats and mice in the
secret passageways, there couldn't have been cats in
the Chateau.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.