SC - Our Mardi Gras celebration

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 27 13:04:48 PST 2001

Hi y'all!

A gang of folks here in Three Mountains likes to get together for Sunday
Brunch at a local restaurant- but Seumas got a wild hair a couple of
weeks ago (and believe me- he's covered with them! ;-)) and decided he
wanted to cook brunch for the gang as an early Mardi Gras celebration.
So this last Sunday, 10 of us converged on Regina's house and he and I
cooked brunch. Just had to tell everyone about it because it was so fun!
James had made crepes, and he made bowl after bowl of interesting things
for fillings, from sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, to a ricotta
blend and berries. I made a batch of creme fraiche, some red potatoes
sauteed in olive oil and herbs, and baked bread. Regina set a very nice
(and very large) table up in the living room, Malcolm made a couple of
different kinds of coffee, Morwyn was the Toast Goddess (toasting and
buttering while I worked on the potatoes). James also made hollandaise
and mornay (sp?) sauces and all the fixings for Eggs Benedict... there
was bacon and sausage and canadian bacon, and juice and...

It is amazing how quiet 10 people can be when they are eating.

Regina needs a steam table. ;-)

James is suddenly a VERY POPULAR man in 3M.

It was great fun. I'm not ready to do it again next weekend, but I think
we do need to do it again. Maybe when I have a job and get moved, for a
housewarming.

I think the Baron might be hungry again by now, but I'm not sure...

full of berries and creme fraiche,
'Lainie