SC - Drat!

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:39:39 PST 2001

I have a lovely lamb roasted with coffee (stolen from "Blueberry Hill
Cookbook"" by Elsie Masterton??) ..

At work, so I don't have the exact figures, but basically you either rub the
roast with garlic or sprinkle garlic powder, then smear the roast liberally
with nice Gulden's brown mustard.  Pat all over with brown sugar. In the
bottom of the roasting pan put (about 1C)strong coffee and (?1/4-1/2 C)white
wine.  Let meat roast in a moderate oven about 15 minutes to set the sugar,
then begin basting with wine/coffee every 15 minutes or so.  A little garlic
powder in with the wine is ok too.

Cook the roast rare, please!  Serve with the cooked down
wine/coffee/drippings on the side.  And if you have a rotisserie to do this
on, so all sides get the sugar/bast, well, it's just divine.

Devra the baker