SC - 7-Layer Dip

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 2 23:50:04 PST 2001

Gunthar said:
> I didn't get tons of stuff for Christmas but I appreciate what I did
> get.
>
> I got a lovely favor cross-stitch from my lady.
> I got a couple of nice Heinkel knives.
> A year's subscription to "Cooking Light" magazine.

Hmmm. Interesting set of messages here. :-)

> As for my holiday cooking:
>
> I cooked a little Christmas dinner for my lady and some
> friends. It consisted of a roasted turkey breast, some sirloin
> pounded and rolled around a mustard/herb/breadcrumb stuffing

Sounds interesting. Was this with dried mustard, mustard seeds
(if so, yellow or brown?) or a prepared mustard? Does pounding
the steak just make it thinner and easier to roll? Or is there
more to it?

> For my household's New Years party I made up some nice
> appetizers of crostini topped with cream cheese, grilled salmon
> flakes and caviar.

What is crostini? Sounds good, though.

> The New Years sideboard also contained caviar blinis

Is this done with a thin pancake batter or something specific? I
think the only pancakes I've ever had were the ones you put maple
(or imitation) syrup on. I do have some red caviar left over from using
it to decorate some food, so this might be interesting. Hmmm. or maybe
using a can of anchovies.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net