Thanks and Breakfast question, was Re:SC - What would you do?

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Wed Jan 3 08:21:19 PST 2001

> That's true. I hadn't thought in terms of an "order" of dip for a small
> group. What does a serving of 7-layer dip for one look like?

It's often served in a low sided flat pan, rather like a small pizza pan
or a bowl. It's especially nice if the dish is clear so that you can see
the layers.

> However,
> I'm sure you're right about that, in theory, although I can't quite
> shake the suspicion that things in practice may be different.

If it is served as an appetizer then it comes in a small dish surrounded
by chips and is eaten communally, much like spinach dip or salsa is
eaten. If on a buffet line it has a serving spoon to serve up a portion
on your plate. So basically it is no less hygenic than any other dip
served. In fact it may be more so since it is substantial enough that
people actually serve themselves a glop of it before digging in the
chips.

And I don't think I've ever seen this dish served hot.

> Adamantius

Yers,

Gunthar