Thanks and Breakfast question, was Re:SC - What would you do?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 3 08:40:39 PST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Jenne Heise wrote:

> > Do you know which of the cereals you list correspond reasonably
> > closely to things eaten in period? Rolled oat are, I think, a 19th
> > century invention.
>
> Does anyone have a source for period-type oat meal to make period oat meal
> porridge?

There is (at least) two in Curye on Ingish. One is not what most would
think of as a breakfast food (gruel forced, it has meat added to the
boiled gruel), but the other would not be too far off. I can't recall
the full recipie, but I think it is oatmeal, boiled with stock (this is
where I'm uncertain), and with almond milk added after boiling. I'll
post the recipie tonight.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
[T]he secret to high uptimes is no one to use the network, no
one to manage the network and no one to maintain the network
Chris Hacking, the Scary Devil Monastery