SC - Guacamole (was 7 Layer Dip) OOP

Elysant1@aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 10:51:43 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: SC - 7-Layer Dip

> Please understand  that my issue is neither ethical nor moral, just mild
> surprise. Are pubs allowed, in New Mexico, to serve something as
> potentially cross-contaminating/contagion-spreading as a communal dip
> among large numbers of strangers? <snip>

Ok, didn't mean to confuse anyone and we are getting very much off the
subject of the list.  When I say pub - I meant our local bar that serves
food.  Like serving appetizers such as nachos or chips and salsa.  Common
health sense says that you can't serve these items as a communal dish on the
buffet line.  These are individual items made in small servings that feed 3
or 4 people.
Any place that serves food would be asking for trouble with the health board
if they were to have a communal item such as any type of dip.

Krysta