SC - presents...sort of

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:18:58 PST 2001

In a message dated 01/03/2001 11:24:12 AM EST, sfpoong at earthlink.net writes:

> I had a friend from the East coast who just could not understand the
sublime
> and wondrous taste of a good haas avocado. (Most native Westies understand
> what I mean.

(snip)

>  He always maintained avocados taste like soggy mashed walnuts.

Try convincing a Welsh relative to try Guacamole, when they are convinced it
is going to taste like mushy peas because it is the same colour, and they
don't like mushy peas.... ;-)

On a trip home to Wales several years ago I made several South Western dishes
for a family get together (I was living in Texas at the time and this was all
new and good stuff to me and wanted my family to also try it).

Elysant