SC - Would you like 14 Metric Tons of Long Pepper?

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Thu Jan 4 04:56:06 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> For some preculiar reason I do not have my copy of Mrs. Beeton´s at
> work, so someone else will have to check with Authority if Melissa or
> the RFC FAQ is wrong regarding the conversion factors between teaspoons
> and tablespoons.

Fair enough.

Per Mrs. Beeton (or probably some subsequent editor; I'm using a 1987
edition, as the older copy is too fragile for everyday use):

SPOON AND CUP MEASURES

IMPERIAL----METRIC----AMERICAN
1 tablespoonful--18 ml--1 tablespoon
2 tablespoonfuls--35 ml--3 tablespoons
4 tablespoonfuls--70 ml--6 tablespoons or 1/3 cup
1 dessertspoonful--12 ml--2 teaspoons
1 teaspoonful--6 ml--1 teaspoon
1 teacupful (appr.1/4 pint)--150 ml--2/3 cup or 1/3 pint
1 breakfast-cupful (approx. 1/2 pint)--300 ml--1 1/4 cups or 2/3 pint

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com