SC - soteltie information

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jan 5 21:10:43 PST 2001

Par Leijonhufvud commented:
> Just wait until you have dealt with various measurments enought that you
> will give a recipie as:
>
> 2 dl of brown rice
> 2 cups of water
> 1 aussie tablespoon of soy
>
> And see nothing strange in it.

Actually those aren't too bad. I imagine tables of equivalents can be
found fairly easily.

If you would like some more measurements, some much, much more obscure
to baffle your 'friends' with, check these files in the COMMERCE section
of the Florilegium:
measures-art      (21K)  1/ 5/98    Definitions of many medieval
measurements
                                       by Marc Carlson (Diarmaid)
measures-msg      (74K)  6/ 7/99    Period measures and cautions for recipes.

The second one includes Master Cariadoc's episode of the 'Paris' quart. At
least I think that was the measure. Quite funny and a good example showing
that tastes have not changed that much from period times.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net