SC - Turkish food

Sara K. Tallarovic electricfish at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 6 06:36:18 PST 2001

<P>Hello the List!</P>
<P>Further to the discussion on rusks:  the babies' rusks that I know of from Australia are rock hard little things about the size of an adult's finger.  This is _not_ what the Dutch think of as rusks (which they call beschuit, to confuse the issue).  The standard Dutch rusk is about the size and shape of an English muffin, though with a crust only round the circumference.  I could almost swear it was made from sponge cake, it's so light.  The effect is like a very very light piece of commercial white-bread toast.  It's also so fragile that when you bite the d*&%#d thing it shatters everywhere and you lose all the muisjes (aniseed comfits) you have sprinkled on it and which were supposed to be stuck on with butter, which never works in my experience.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Far easier to have something else for breakfast, like krentebollen.</P>