SC - Seeking comments/More info

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 07:31:45 PST 2001

My family and I went to the Pennsylvania Farm Show on Sunday.  The
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture was there as usual.  They had a
recipe book there and in it was a section about fresh herbs.  They have an
interesting way to freeze fresh herbs.
"Wash and mince them, place 1 or 2 tablespoons of herbs in each compartment
of an ice cube tray, add water to cover, and freeze the herbs.  When they
have frozen, remove them from the tray and store in a labeled container or a
plastic bag.  For best results, do not defrost them before adding them to
the food.  Most of their natural flavor is retained."
I never thought of that.  Maybe some of you already have.  Hope you find it
useful.
Kirsten of Blak Rose