SC - stuffed avocados [OOP]

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 09:06:13 PST 2001

> Heloise wrote:
> >
> > Thank you so much for the wealth of information, my lord!  I'm
> > planning a soteltie for EK's 12th Night, so the timing is great!
> >
> > BTW...what is a "warner"?
> >

> Adamantius wrote:
> Before Warners were cartoon characters on "Animaniacs" appearing to be
> loosely derived from Bimbo, Betty Boop's original leading man, before
> their subsequent anthropomorphism took place (I think they were supposed
> to be dogs of some kind)...

I tend to attribute their somatype to similar characters under the Warner
banner, Bosco and Honey rather than the Fleishmans' Bimbo.  Both of them [as
well as Disney's most famous mice] are derived from the pseudo-Africanoid
"minstral show" make-up used during the Vaudeville era.  Has anyone else ever
noticed that Mickey Mouse is black?

Oh, did I ever mention, I'm an animation enthusiast?  Did a student internship
at Hanna Barbera and everything.

> ...warners were an illusion food or other visual spectacle presented at
> a feast. Similar to subtleties.

Presented for your amusement, an off-the-cuff Animaniacs episode:
"Middle Aged:  The Animaniacs' Medieval Banquet"

Wakko, Yakko and Dot enter the hall where King Ralph and Queen Hello Nurse rule
the hall over Sir Scratchensniff, etc. are assembled, all with napkins tucked
under their chins and holding knives and spoons.  Only Scratchensniff has a
fork, and that two-tined.

Dot:  Welcome ye lords and ladies to my feast!  I hight Contessa Dorothea
Angelina Banana Bana Bo Bana The Third.  {aside to camera}  I was queen last
time, what a bore!

The Kids present a vast dish of food, chickens, a whole pig, loaves of bread,
etc. etc. and a cake with a knight on horseback.

Scratchensniff:  Ahh, a subtletie!

Wakko:  Subtlety, there's nothing subtle about it?

Scratchensniff:  No, no, not subtle, a subtletie, dat Knight on Horsyback on der
cake.

Knight:  Who're you calling subtlety, mac?  {Horse rears up and they ride away}

King Ralph tears off a chicken leg and takes a bite.

King Ralph:  Mmmmm Tasty!

Yakko:  Oh, THAT's the subtletie.

Dot:  Yea verily, 'tis made out of Wakko's old socks!

Wakko wiggles bare feet in Ralph's face while Ralph spits out mouthful PTOOOEY!

Selene