SC - OT- Britney Spears (was RE: Saumon Genti)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 10 12:59:24 PST 2001

'Lainie,

On the far edge of my misspent youth, I remember people calling Elvis the
Pelvis a blight on civilization.  This caused me to consider blights on
civilization very carefully.  Outside of occasionally lousy singing, I
couldn't see Elvis as much of a blight.  The successive mobs which burned
the library at Alexandria are a blight on civilization.  The fine folk of
all persuasions who got their jollies with the auto-de-fe are a blight upon
civilization.  The joker that painted Elvis' mug on velvet, now there is a
blight on civilization.  Britney Spears doesn't move the needle on the
blight meter.  Grandfathers such as I endure the slings and arrows of their
granddaughter's pop music with equanimity (at least until they are old
enough and rebellious enough to get a taste for Joplin, Mitchell and Jett).

As for making 15th Century dishes from Britney Spears, it just won't work.
She's been so processed, molded, and packaged, that you're looking at
processed ham rather than an honest piece of meat.  It would be like
preparing a "period" feast from box mixes.

Bear