SC - OT- Britney Spears (was RE: Saumon Genti)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 10 17:55:40 PST 2001

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> --- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a plan...the females are not quite as
> > good, but will do.
> >
> > Kiri
>
> Boy, this discussion is getting quite sexist!  Are you
> espousing that male crabs are superior to female
> crabs?

Um, all kidding aside (and how often do I say _that_?), I understood
female crabs to be considered superior to males for many culinary
applications, not the least of which being she-crab soup. Of course,
those are supposed to be roe-bearing crabs, I believe, but I had also
understood from various Maryland cookbooks that females (except for
recently spawned ones) were heavier and had more meat for their size
than males (I thought we were finished discussing Britney Spears).

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com