SC - Pennsic crabs and corn fest

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 10 23:14:14 PST 2001

Adamantius said:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > There is a bit more on caudles in this file in the BEVERAGE section of
> > my Florilegium:
> > caudles-art       (12K) 11/21/97    A medieval drink of warm wine or
> > beer thickened with eggs by Tibor.
> >
> > I'm not sure that I would go for this for breakfast, but since we do
> > have records of them having beer for breakfast, perhaps a drink of
> > beer and eggs would not be unlikely.
>
> Here, Stefan, let me help...
>
> Pretend you're at some kind of ski resort, and you've been out skiing
> with, say, Isabella Rosellini since 8 AM Sunday morning. You've just
> come in for brunch at 11:30... Baron Tibor is standing there, in front
> of the fireplace, cheerfully arguing with Seumas and 'Lainie about
> heraldry. He hands you a mug of something hot. It is caudle.

Hmmm. Been a long time since I've been (snow) skiing. I used to get only
a light lunch or snack for lunch though, since the food was expensive and
the time fleeting to ski.

But lets see. Baron Tibor, Seumas and 'Lainie. None of whom I've had
the pleasure of meeting in person yet. Talk with them about heraldry
(well, I'm sure we can find more interesting topics) or ski? Hmmm.
difficult question. I think I'd *try* the caudle and talk. But then
Stefan's sooo quiet...

Who is Isabella Rosellini?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net