SC - Delightes for ladies

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Jan 11 21:32:03 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Siegfried Heydrich wrote:
>
> >     Or expand the concept a bit, and we could have an 'Iron Cheesehead'
> > competition. Come up with something challenging (limburger cheesecake,
> > anyone?)
>
> Hmm, sounds a bit like what I will have to try sometime: a cheese soufle
> using something like gorgonzola. It *should* work, and would be an
> interesting dessert dish if it works out.

Fundamentally, not ridiculous, by any means. We have period recipes for
sweetened custardy cheese tarts that call for Brie, and Brie in its
riper range is pretty similar to Camembert, which, in its riper range is
not unlike Liedrkranz, which is what most Limburger is processed from.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com