Attn: Olwen - Plat's Cast Sugar Notes, was - Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks 'Buch von guter Speise'

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:32:05 PST 2001

Actually, Marcus Porcius Cato the Younger was Cato the Elder's
great-grandson, according to Plutarch's Lives.  Like his great-grandfather,
Cato the Younger was a staunch Republican and as such was very much opposed
to Julius Caesar.  Backing the losing side in the dispute between Pompey and
Caesar, he committed suicide before being captured by Caesar in 46 BCE.  He
was also, IIRC, father-in-law to that honorable man, Marcus Junius Brutus.

I having some deja vu all over again, to quote the great Yogi.  That last
paragraph reminds me of the last SCA political hassle I got sucked into.

Bear