SC - Sugar burns (was Re: Attn: Olwen - Plat's Cast Sugar Notes)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jan 12 22:32:06 PST 2001

Kiri commented:
> Let me talk with Phillip, but I think we can do something.  Personally, I still
> opt for crab cakes, but we could do a mixture of both, along with some soft
> shells for those of us who really love those!

So for those that have had both, how much differance is there between
good frozen crab cakes and fresh crab cakes? I think when I've had the
chance to get fresh crab cakes I've always opted for other crab dishes
since I don't get the chance to get fresh seafood often and I can get
frozen crab cakes at home.

Since I've seen lots of objections to salmon from a can, Spam and other
modern conveniences I imagine folks are going to say the fresh crab
cakes are better, but why are they better?

I have half a dozen cans of crabmeat. Some are earmarked for period
dishes. Any suggestions on good dishes to use the rest in?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net