SC - Sugar burns

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Mon Jan 15 00:22:35 PST 2001

Ras replied to me with:
> stefan at texas.net writes:
> << I've often found it difficult to find out where the
>  parties are at Pennsic. >>
>
> Yolu walk around. you peer in gates. You see  a fire. You see peoples around
> the fire. You see folks with goblets held high. You hear the sound of party
> laughter. You see a keg.  Someone says come on in. Voila! A Pennsic party.
> Seems simple enough to me.

Well, yes. I have sometimes done this. It is much easier for those that
are extroverts than those of us who aren't. You don't want to intrude.
And alas, with my eyesight or lack thereof, it is often difficult to
see some of those details that tell if it is an open or closed type
of arrangement from afar.

I do remember coming upon a nice bardic file this way last year, but
they started breaking up as I listened. Twould have been much nicer to
have known about that one sooner rather than arriving at the end. But
that was a small, informal affair and probably wasn't announced anywhere.

I think some parties were starting to be posted with the class activities
but that hasn't seemed to catch on very much.
- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net