digby's fruitcake was Re: SC - Cheesecake judging Laurels/Competitions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 15 16:42:11 PST 2001

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I repeat:  (quoting Corwyn) And how could you tell if it did??
>
> Kiri
> Remembering the time that Phillip's Knight's mother came for a visit and decided
> to clean out his refrigerator....saw the jar of kimchee and threw it out because
> it smelled so bad!

Rather than let this go on forever with me defending kim chee as good
food, and you, um, not caring for any, thank you, I can simply say that
kim chee has gone bad when the lactic acid smell & flavor have become
intolerable to the taster (this obviously is variable), and when there
is a textural change in which pickle-crunchy becomes old-dauerkraut mushy.

Howzzat?

G. Tacitus (please pass the fruitcake and kim chee) Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com