SC - What's the oldest thing in your fringe

Poong sfpoong at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 15 19:03:52 PST 2001

Leeks which are about 7 months old. They started out big and fat but after
several cleaning away of dried leaves and outer layers they are now  about as
thin as my little finger. It's awesome! BTW, this is an experiment to see how
long they will keep in  root cellar conditions. I keep the temp at  the right
temp. The purpose of this is to see how long  people in the middle ages could
have enjoyed these vegetables as fresh when weather did not permit keeping
them in the ground.

Ras