SC - Homemade period noodles/pasta

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Jan 17 11:29:39 PST 2001

- --MS_Mac_OE_3062583252_1870406_MIME_Part

on 1/17/01 1:04 PM, Hupman, Laurie at LHupman at kenyon.com wrote:

I played with fresh pasta a lot when I was out of work for a couple of
years.  Fresh pasta takes a lot less time to cook than the store-bought
dried stuff.  Plunk it into your boiling water, and once it floats it's
done.

I've dried fresh pasta with good results.  The dough can also be frozen, as
a lump or as noodles.  I haven't kept fresh dried noodles for more than two
weeks, but frozen dough has lived in my freezer for up to six months at a
time.

Ended up staying home for New Years Eve and made portabello and spinach
ravioli. Had a vegetarian as a guest over the holidays and had to think up
something they could eat in a house full of carnivores.  Glad to know the
excess lump of pasta dough will keep in the freezer for a while.  I was
afraid it was going to go the way of the dodo.

- --MS_Mac_OE_3062583252_1870406_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: SC - Homemade period noodles/pasta</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
on 1/17/01 1:04 PM, Hupman, Laurie at LHupman at kenyon.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><TT>I played with fresh pasta a lot when I was out of work for =
a couple of<BR>
years.  Fresh pasta takes a lot less time to cook than the store-bough=
t<BR>
dried stuff.  Plunk it into your boiling water, and once it floats it'=
s<BR>
done.  <BR>
<BR>
I've dried fresh pasta with good results.  The dough can also be froze=
n, as<BR>
a lump or as noodles.  I haven't kept fresh dried noodles for more tha=
n two<BR>
weeks, but frozen dough has lived in my freezer for up to six months at a<B=

time.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</TT></BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>
</TT>Ended up staying home for New Years Eve and made portabello and spinac=
h ravioli. Had a vegetarian as a guest over the holidays and had to think up=
 something they could eat in a house full of carnivores.  Glad to know =
the excess lump of pasta dough will keep in the freezer for a while.  I=
 was afraid it was going to go the way of the dodo.
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3062583252_1870406_MIME_Part--