SC - Re: Feast review wanted

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 18:15:43 PST 2001

    Yes, we do the same thing down here with wild alligator. The farm raised
stuff is pretty mild, but the gators taken in the field can be pretty fishy,
so we soak them in a mix of buttermilk and finely sliced onions. Takes the
gaminess right out, and leaves a more delicate flavor.
    I suspect the butterfat leaches out some of the objectionable oils, and
the lactic acid begins a slow digestive process which aids the cooking.

    Sieggy