SC - period lime use, rosaries

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 20:19:55 PST 2001

Well, I guess I am the only one on the list that has
been to both Aussie BBQ's and American BBQ's.  The
style of both Aussie and American BBQ's as almost
exactly the same.  Laid back affairs in which the men
go out and burn some sort of meat or meats, while
drinking lots of beer and talking sports or hunting or
other macho topics.  The women make all the rest of
the non-grilled food in the kitchen, while talking
about feminine subjects, kids, family, fashions,
gossip, etc. The kids run around and play and ask a
million times "when are we going to eat?" The only
difference that I have ever noticed is regional
tastes, regional variations.  Yes, Americans tend to
use BBQ sauce and Aussies don't.  Side dishes and
desserts usually vary, but I have had potato salad and
tossed green salads at both.  Comparing the two is
about the same as comparing American cars and Aussie
cars.  Yes, the steering wheel in located on different
sides of the car, but everything else is essentially
the same.

And in defense of 'Lainie, I have had Aussie pavlova
with a 1/2" layer of custard on it just above the
meringue and under the fruit, which was topped with
sweetened whipped cream.  It was in Melbourne in
December 1974.  I also had pavlova without the
custard, but with the fruit and sweetened whipped
cream, in Melbourne February 1975.  So, her
explanation is correct.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.