SC - Homemade period noodles/pasta

Elanore Amrstrong ellie_armstrong at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 11:03:09 PST 2001

> Don't you LOVE it when that happens?  My cooking hubby Jared's finest hour was
> when Sir Bela asked for more meat, what is this anyway?  It's lamb, Jared
> replied.  That can't be, I HATE lamb, no really what is it?  What it was was our
> usual leg of lamb studded with garlic and ginger, basted with cheap red wine.
> Come to think of that, the cheap wine might work with roo but I can't perform
> the experiment here.

Which reminds me.... I am under the impression (having helped raise sheep)
that January is a bad time to try to buy lamb. However, others have told
me that it is a good time. We are Pennsylvania, US. Feedback?

Also, is there a listing, by SCAdians, of what stuff is likely to be in
season when, somewhere on the web?

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"