SC - Peppers?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Jan 19 14:52:51 PST 2001

The first thing I cooked was a lunch for an event.  Being tired of non-period
lunches or the standard bread, cheese, and fruit, I made Paris Pie for the
meat eaters and Rapes in Pottage for the vegetarians, using a vegetable stock
and a mixture of carrots, parsnips, and turnips.  There may have been some
fruit or something as well, I don't recall.  Sekanjabin and water were the
drinks, I believe; I don't think I'd discovered syrup of lemons yet.

People were rather wierded out.  I had one lady practically insist that I had
to supply her with bread and cheese for her lord on the fighting field, who
refused to believe that there was no bread and cheese available, "because
there is always bread and cheese!"  I convinced her to take him a piece of
the Paris Pie.  I did not hear back from her, so I have no idea if he ate it
or if they went off-site for lunch.

Brangwayna Morgan