SC - La Varenne

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 21 07:36:05 PST 2001

some snippage
>  > Stefan li Rous wrote:
>  > > Gunthar, why is it that so many of the events I see you involved with
>  > > seem to have words to the effect of "It rained, a lot"???
>
>Well, I can count three major events off the top of my head, all
>within a year and I think all while he was King. Gulf Wars,
>Steppes Warlord and ATYC (Ansteorra 20th Year Celebration).
>
>When he wins Crown again, I want the raincoat monopoly. :-)
>
>Stefan

Oh! That reminds me. I was in Morocco during the rainy season. The
majority of men wear wool jelabas. A jelaba is basically an
ankle-length T-tunic with a big deep hood (cut more or less as a
right triangle or a long rectangle, according to my examinations).

When it's raining, wool gets wet and very heavy and in the Moroccan
climate probably doesn't get dry for days and days (it took over 3
days for my cotton turtleneck to dry indoors - wool would take
longer).

So i saw a modern innovation: jelabas made of rain coat material!
Most were navy blue plastic fabric of some sort, but in Marrakesh i
saw one that was bright day-glo orange.

Anahita