SC - Re: First feastsy

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 22 17:30:12 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 21 Jan 01, , that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't think we have any evidence for roasted garlic use
> in period. I'd love to see some, as I like roasted garlic.
[snip]
> In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
> garlic-msg        (43K)  1/12/01    Medieval use of garlic. Garlic storage.

Actually, in that Florilegium file, there are a couple of messages
from me, listing sauces in Nola which contain roasted garlic.  But
perhaps you meant that there was no evidence for roasted garlic
mixed with butter as a spread for bread?

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net