SC - Northkeep's Winterkingdom

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sun Jan 21 04:55:31 PST 2001

>No, I think I meant more along the lines of "for my first feast I wanted to
>make things I was comfortable with, instead of trying new things of which I
>have no idea what they SHOULD taste like..."

Feh.  That's what a test feast is for.  Don't know what something should
taste like?  Make a sample batch.  If you like it, and the folks you invite
like it, then that's what it should taste like.  Added a lot of mustard and
left the cinnamon behind?  So what?  That's why folks do redactions, to put
out an interpretation for a particular recipe that they happen to like.
Test out the recipes and see how they work together!

My first event as (co)feastocrat is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Small
event, we'll likely be feeding mostly fighters (melee muster).  We went
through quite a few observations.  First, sauerbraten + pickled red cabbage
+ carrots cooked with sauerbraten = one very sour course.  Answer: carrots
cooked separately.  Sour poultry sauce in second course, with apple pie for
dessert?  Too much sour, too much apple.  Solution: give another (non-sour)
poultry sauce to each table as well, for those who might want something
different.  Pear pies instead of apple.

Of course, as long as you're having fun, and your fun helps other people to
have fun as well, then it's all one big happy, right?

Steinn Karlsson