SC - Peppers?

sdrake steldr at home.net
Tue Jan 23 07:34:40 PST 2001

Since Bjorn and I were friendly rivals in the days before he got his Laurel,
I have to say that much of what we did would fall into the "perioid"
category these days.  Bjorn worked heavily from Pleyn Delight and I had
copies of To The King's Taste, Our Delicious Past and a xerographic copy of
a small book on Roman Cookery.  We both had the accursed Fabulous Feasts,
although neither of us referred to it very often.

Privately, we argued about just how accurate our work was, trying to develop
personal baselines for evaluating our work.  I do know that others would
claim "periodness" for our feasts when we wouldn't and that our primary goal
was producing edible feast rather than historical accuracy.

Bjorn passed on before Ansteorra got started on "historically accurate"
recipes, but I think he would have had a blast working from original
sources.

Bear