SC - Re: Rosquillas

Ian Gourdon agincort at raex.com
Tue Jan 23 13:56:11 PST 2001

>I also have to keep in mind what folks like to eat around here. "I don't
care if honeybutter isn't period! It's not a feast if there's not fresh
bread with honey butter to start!"<

I served honey and butter separate in the last feast I did, explaining the
reason. The only problem was one of the Royal Entourage insisting that honey
butter MUST be served the Royals. Given that I knew them and she didn't
mention a specific request from them, I took this as a case of "In Waiting
anal-retentiveness" .

Therefore the only thing to do was to give her a bowl of butter and one of
honey and let her have at it. Everybody goes away happy, I can continue and
she feels like she's served the Royals properly.

Forget thinking outside the box, some people can't even think outside the
lines IN the box. That's OUR job.

Corwyn