SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Tue Jan 23 16:05:23 PST 2001

This is something of a local problem, where you have people who are not
doing the work making a series of decisions which affect the people who are
doing the work.  It gets in the way of producing a quality event or feast.

Also feasts around here are very often bid seperately from the event and
because of expense have separate accounting until the entire event is
accounted for.

In my case, I often asked by the Baronage or the autocrat to put in a bid
for the feast, so the people running the event don't have to worry about the
feast.  While it sounds like I'm aggressively unco-operative, the truth is
when I'm doing this the details are settled in my bid and if my bid is
accepted, I am in charge.  I've had some people who have no experience try
to tell me what to do, but I have beaten them back by pointing out that I am
within the conditions of my bid.

I've had very little problem with event stewards or their support staff,
because they are as interested in having the feast done well as I am, and
with an experienced feast steward, they don't have to worry about it.

Bear