SC - flavors was Rouladen

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 22:58:32 PST 2001

hey all from Anne-Marie

"Th" says in response to my comment...
At 07:29 PM 1/23/01 +0100, you wrote:
><< ' ... I'm making Ruzzige Cakes to take as my dish. ...'
>try decor[t]ating it with edible flowers like the original says >>
>
>The original [1350; German] does NOT mention edible flowers; it is only
>one of the errors in the internet transcription and translation. The
>original says "gib im fiür oben vf" mod. German 'gib ihm Feuer oben
>darauf'; I think that means 'heat it from above'.
>
>Th.

alas, I dont speak German, I can only go by the copy of source handed to me
by our very own rocket scientist "german Girl" Alia Atlas, who translated
it herself (ie no internet involved, and no translation programs). Are you
saying you have a more accurate translation than hers? in which case, I'd
love to get my hands on a copy?

all for a free exchange of ideas, and fully aware that translation is one
of those things that is rarely carved in stone....

- --Anne-Marie