SC - PARA HAZER ROSQUILLAS

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Wed Jan 24 07:09:55 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 24 Jan 01, , that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> sigh. That was what I was going to ask for. But at least we have
> (Granado, 1599) to work from. I would like to see the original if
> someone has it.

I hope my post with the original (in translation) made it to the list.
I've had a few posts wander aimlessly in the aether lately.

> How would you class these? By shape I might say "donut" but they
> aren't fried or baked.

They're baked after the boiling.

> I don't know of any modern boiled donuts. And
> the boiling would make the texture different.

It gives it a glossy, slightly firmer surface.

> Or is this more of a pretzel? Or maybe a bagel?

Because of the eggs, which tenderize the dough, rosquillas don't
have the bread-y texture of pretzels and bagels.

> What kind of file would you look for this kind of dish in?

You put my original post with the recipe and redaction in
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Spain-
msg.html

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)